Melted pepper jack cheese topped with green chile over a soft egg on a fluffy biscuit turned out to be a delicious way to start the day. I came up with this combination as I was falling asleep a few nights ago. (doesn’t everyone ponder food combinations late at night?)
I was so happy to have fluffy buttermilk biscuits in the house; I wanted to use them for a fun breakfast. Green chile is always a good thing around my house. I add it to breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks on a regular basis. It was a no-brainer to add it to this meal as well.
Pepperjack Green Chile Breakfast Sandwiches
- 4 fluffy biscuits sliced in half
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chile roasted, peeled and chopped small (frozen or canned is fine as well)
- Optional: 4 slices Canadian bacon or thinly sliced ham
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons butter
- Warm a medium-large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and when it has melted, use a spatula to coat the pan with it. Add the eggs, keeping them separate if possible. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cover with lid. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, until the whites are almost cooked. Gently flip them over now* and place a tablespoon of shredded cheese and about a half tablespoon of on top of each egg. Cover again to melt the cheese and finish cooking the eggs for 1-3 minutes, depending on how you like your eggs cooked.
- While the cheese is melting, warm the biscuits and either add the ham slices to the skillet next to the eggs or warm them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Place a slice of ham on each biscuit half and then top with the cheesy eggs. Cover with the second half of the biscuit. Enjoy!
- * if you aren't comfortable flipping the eggs, you can add a tablespoon of water to the skillet and cover again with the lid. This will steam the tops of the eggs without the hassle of flipping them. Once the tops are white, add the cheese and chile.
8 Comments Leave a comment or review
Big Dude says
Your biscuit posts just keep getting better. definitely "a delicious way to start the day."
Lea Ann (Cooking On The Ranch) says
Wish this was on my breakfast table this morning. Love this combination.
Becki's Whole Life says
Breakfast sandwiches are a favorite in this house, but we have never added chiles to them. This sounds wonderful! Your biscuits look nice and fluffy.
Sue/the view from great island says
This looks so good, I think McDonald's should sell these!
I love breakfast sandwiches (I make one daily) and this one is perfect! What a spicy twist on a morning classic. Thank you for sharing.
Pepperjack and green chile for breakfast works for me! I almost wouldn't care if there was an egg on there.
The Café Sucré Farine says
You and I must take the same sleep medicine Mary, I do the same thing as I'm falling asleep (and waking up)! 🙂 You breakfast biscuits look delicious, definitely worth loosing a little sleep over.
Tricia @ saving room for dessert says
Lovely breakfast Mary! Sorry to be so far behind in my post commenting. Busy weekend helping our son and daughter-in-law – painting, painting, cleaning and painting. Oh my I can't hardly move today! You never know how old you are until you paint ceilings for 11 hours. I could have used this lovely biscuit breakfast!