These chewy, slightly crunchy, peanut butter cereal bars are loaded with pockets of gooey marshmallows; Chewy Peanut Butter Cereal Bars are a huge hit every time we make them.
For the times when you just need a simple treat that you can make in a few minutes time with nothing fancier than a handful of items from the pantry, this is the recipe for you.
Peanut butter and marshmallows form the base for these crunchy, chewy, nut-filled treats. I never can resist a great no-bake dessert and these are some of the best. For more tasty no-bake treats, check out the No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Bites, Monster Cookie Dough Bites, and Perfect Rice Krispy Treats.
If you’re looking for a few more easy summer recipes, my kids were lucky enough to sample this No Bake Edible Cookie Dough a few weeks ago and they are super impatient to make it for themselves now. These No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are another kid favorite that the boys are able to make on their own. On my list for summer desserts, this Easy No-Bake Coconut Cream Pie looks absolutely incredible and these No-Bake Lemon Bars sound almost too good to be true (and they’re paleo too!)
Check out all of the Gluten Free Dessert Recipes on this website!
Chewy Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cereal Bars
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 7 cups marshmallows divided
- 4 cups corn flakes cereal
- 1/2 cup peanuts 2 tablespoons reserved
- Line a 10-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside. Combine the butter, peanut butter and 5 1/2 cups marshmallows in a large glass bowl. Microwave for 90 seconds at full power. Remove from the microwave and stir until the marshmallows begin to melt and stick together. (If the marshmallows haven't yet melted, microwave an additional 30 seconds, only as needed.)
- Add the cereal to the bowl and stir until combined. Stir in the additional marshmallows and the peanuts, reserving peanuts for topping. Scoop the sticky cereal mixture onto the lined pan. Use a lightly buttered spatula or your hands to gently press the mixture across the pan, being careful not to press too firmly. Sprinkle with reserved peanuts. Let cool for a few minutes before slicing. Store in an airtight container for up 5 days. Enjoy!