This is a tangy barbecue sauce with a subtle peach flavor that turned out to be a great variation on one of our favorite dinners. Despite the fact that half of this recipe is purely peaches, the flavor remains in the background.
The peaches are there, adding something special to the sauce, without turning this into a fruit sauce or a chutney. I used this sauce to make BBQ Chicken Stuffed Potatoes and they disappeared in minutes.
I have about half a jar of this sauce left in the refrigerator and I’m already wondering if I’ll be able to get my hands on any more peaches before their season is completely done.
Tangy Peach Barbecue Sauce
- 2 cups peach puree I used 5 large peaches
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Peel the peaches and puree in a blender until mostly smooth. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and use immediately or let cool and store in the refrigerator until needed. Enjoy!