This potato salad is loaded with great flavor from fresh parsley and a tart crunch from dill pickles. We had company with us for dinner the first time I made this salad and everyone raved about it.
Our guests declared this the best potato salad ever, and I promised to share the recipe very soon.
I don’t think I could ever have too many salad recipes. Pasta Salads, Taco Salads, Potato Salads, Garden Salads, and Fruit Salads are all I have been craving this month. I served this with pan fried chicken, but it will also work with your favorite burgers, steaks, or porkchops.
This potato salad is going to be made several more times throughout the summer!
Parsley and Pickles Potato Salad
- 2 lbs red potatoes diced into 1/2" pieces (about 5 cups worth)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 1 cup dill pickles diced into 1/4" pieces
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley chopped small, about ½ cup worth
- Optional: 4 hardboiled eggs chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the potatoes on a silpat lined or well greased baking sheet. Drizzle the the oil over the potatoes and toss well to coat. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Toss again and spread across the baking sheet. Roast 10 minutes, stir and roast an additional 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir again and let cool.
- In a large bowl stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise and pickle juice. Add the potatoes and pickles and toss to coat thoroughly. Add the onions and parsley and stir to distribute. Stir in the eggs, if desired. Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!