This polenta is slowly simmered with paprika and then the cheese is stirred in at the end.
The manchego gives the polenta a great flavor without turning it into a gooey-cheesy dish. Not that I turn down gooey-cheese in general, but that isn’t how I like my polenta. Add as much cheese as you like, if you are more inclined to create the extra-cheesy version!
Paprika Manchego Polenta
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cup polenta or cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup finely grated manchego cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine the milk, water and salt in a medium size pan over medium heat. When the mixture is steaming, slowly pour in the polenta while whisking to combine.
- Stir in the paprika and then bring to a simmer. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes, until it has thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the grated cheese and then top with butter just before serving. Enjoy!