Crispy potatoes, black beans, green chile sauce and a warm runny egg made this surprisingly tasty and very easy to throw together. I had a few whole wheat tortillas left from our fajitas and I wanted to use them with our breakfast.
I didn’t want a breakfast burrito or scrambled eggs, so I came up with this. I loved this and will be making it again. I might even share with the family next time.
Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Wrap
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup diced frozen potatoes
- 2-4 tablespoons green chile sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tortilla
- Heat the potatoes in a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil. When they are crispy, remove from the pan and set aside. Warm the beans and green chile sauce in the microwave and then stir together with the potatoes.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook one egg. When the white of the egg turns white, add just a couple tablespoons of water and cover with a lid to finish cooking the rest of the egg. While the egg is finishing, warm a tortilla in the microwave.
- Fill the tortilla with the black beans, potatoes and green chile sauce and then layer the soft egg on top. Fold in half and enjoy the messy deliciousness!