Crispy potatoes, black beans, green chile sauce and a warm runny egg made this surprisingly tasty and very easy to throw together.
I had a few whole wheat tortillas left from our fajitas and I wanted to use them with our breakfast. In a riff on our beloved Huevos Rancheros, this was created.
I didn’t want a breakfast burrito or scrambled eggs, so I came up with this. I loved this and will be making it again. I might even share with the family next time.
Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Wrap
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup diced frozen potatoes
- 2-4 tablespoons green chile enchilada sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tortilla
- Heat the potatoes in a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil. When they are crispy, remove from the pan and set aside. Warm the beans and green chile sauce in the microwave and then stir together with the potatoes.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook one egg. When the white of the egg turns white, add just a couple tablespoons of water and cover with a lid to finish cooking the rest of the egg. While the egg is finishing, warm a tortilla in the microwave.
- Fill the tortilla with the black beans, potatoes and green chile sauce and then layer the soft egg on top. Fold in half and enjoy the messy deliciousness!
Tried this recipe?Mention @barefeetkitchen or tag #barefeetkitchen!
9 Comments Leave a comment or review
Mmmm! Your egg looks like perfection. Thanks for the tip on adding water and covering the skillet–there's nothing better than a perfectly cooked egg. =)
Inside a British Mum's Kitchen says
Perfect weekend breakfast food – I may actually even make this tonight for my lacrosse playing daughter! Thanks:)
Oh my gosh, this looks and sounds amazing! I'm not a huge breakfast person, and only make it on the weekends if I do, but I think I'd wake up extra early just to make this. 🙂
Chelsea Talks Smack says
my boyfriend would be so stoked if I made this for him one morning—I suppose I should do it!
raquel @ erecipe says
wow this delicious, wanna try this for my hubby, he really love wrap.
Baking Holly says
This looks so great–my mother would love it! I love re-using things –why waste it right? looks great.
Christine's Pantry says
Looks wonderful! Yum!
Now this is my kind of breakfast!