Is there anything that gets people more excited this time of year than the arrival of the holiday coffee drinks in the coffeeshops and cafes?
Now that pumpkin recipes abound all around me, I couldn’t resist trying my hand at a homemade version of this popular drink, without any of the flavored syrups.
I adapted my Cafe con Leche recipe to turn it into this rich and creamy holiday treat.
Definitely not a first thing in the morning coffee fix for me, but an awesome treat for dessert or for enjoying while spending the afternoon with a friend. I made ours with decaf espresso and let the kids have a few sips too.
The recipe can easily be halved for one drink or doubled for more. With or without the whipped cream and caramel, this drink is a great fall treat.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 3/4 cup brewed espresso or strong coffee *
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- Optional: whipped cream and caramel sauce
- Stir together the pumpkin, sugar, spices and vanilla in the bottom of a large measuring cup. (I used a 3 cup size.) Pour the espresso into the cup and stir to combine and dissolve the pumpkin mixture. Warm the milk on the stove or in the microwave, just until steaming. Lightly whisk (or froth the milk if you're serious about your lattes) and then pour into the espresso. Stir to combine. Divide into two large mugs and top with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel. Enjoy!
- * see this link for tips on how I brew my espresso using a stovetop espresso pot
12 Comments Leave a comment or review
Jenn S says
Funny you should say that about people getting excited about the coffee… a couple of girls at work were so upset because Mojo Yogurt wasn't carrying their pumpkin ice cream yet!! lol
The latte sounds wonderful… a perfect way to warm yourself (if it wasn't still 100 degrees that is!!)
I am so ready for fall and I am so ready for this!! I have to remember to come back and pin this (can't pin from work).
Rachel Cooks says
I should probably just print this and hang it next to my coffee maker.
Carla TePaske says
Yummy! This is going to be wonderful. I love coffee!
Becki's Whole Life says
Yes, coffee shops with flavored coffees definintely gets me into the fall mood…However I would be very happy to try this at home if it is this easy!
Mary, this looks great and perfect autumn fare! Pinned and sharing on my FB page this AM. [email protected]
Bizzy Lizzy's Good Things says
Mary, this sounds absolutely delicious! I have been following your FB posts with interest. My mouth is watering. Tell me, are you on Triberr?
We've fallen in love with your pumpkin spice latte. It's fabulous!
I made this and it IS YUMMY!
Moriah Johnson says
I have been looking for a recipe just like this. Thank You!
Judy Ledbetter says
Mary, i think you ought to treat yourself to a Breville milk frother. I’m loving mine.loving mine.
Mary Younkin says
Thanks for the tip, Judy!