Follow BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Creamy, cheesy, spicy Hot Corn and Black Bean Dip turned out to be my kids’ favorite new snack over the holidays. My friend Rebecca shared this dip on her blog a few months ago and I made it the same day she posted it.
My kids went crazy for this dip and for the past few months they haven’t stopped requesting that we make it again for every possible occasion. I’ve lost count of how many times we’ve made this dip now and it continues to be a hit every time we serve it.
This dip is great with tortilla chips or you can serve it a side dish for Grilled Chipotle Chicken or Carne Asada Steak. Scoop the dip with chips or eat it with a spoon, however you dive into it, it’s sure to be a favorite.
- COOK'S NOTE: This recipe doubles nicely for a crowd. The leftovers if you're lucky enough to have them will keep nicely tightly covered in the refrigerator for several days.
- 16 ounces frozen corn
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 large or 2 small fresh jalapeño peppers stem and seeds removed, finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked until crisp
- 3 green onions green portion only, thinly sliced
- Combine the corn, beans, cream cheese, shredded cheese, sour cream, jalapeños, garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin in the crock-pot. Stir to combine and cover. Cook on LOW for 2 hours until everything is hot and the cheeses have melted. Stir to coat the beans and corn with the creamy sauce.
- While the mixture is cooking, crumble the bacon and slice the green onions. Set aside a tablespoon of bacon and a teaspoon of green onions. Stir the bacon and bacon and onions into the dip. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with the reserved bacon and green onions. Serve with chips or as a side dish. Enjoy!
Here are a few more hot dips you might like:
Baked Layered Tex Mex Dip by Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen
Hot Caprese Dip by Rachel Cooks
Kentucky Hot Brown Dip by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
5 Layer Baked Hummus Dip by Iowa Girl Eats
Beer Cheese Dip by The Noshery
Sweet Vidalia Onion Dip by The View from Great Island