Honey and plenty of spices coat each bite of chicken as it caramelizes under the broiler. This is some of the tenderest and most flavorful chicken I’ve ever made.
I’ve been making Spicy Honey Brushed Chicken for years now and I love it every bit as much now as I did the first time we tasted it.
However, this new version just trumped it. These bite-size pieces are even more flavorful and just as simple to prepare. The entire cooking time for this meal was less than 10 minutes.
I served this chicken with Vegetable Rice Pilaf (recipe coming tomorrow!) and each of my kids requested seconds. One of my boys even asked if we could have this chicken again on his birthday. That’s the highest praise a recipe can get in our family!
Honey Spice Chicken Bites
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs about 3 lbs worth
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the broiler. Grease a large baking sheet with about a tablespoon of oil and set aside. Whisk together the honey and the vinegar and set aside. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces, about 3/4" in size and place them in a large mixing bowl. Stir together all of the spices and sprinkle over the chicken, rubbing them in with your hands to make sure all of the pieces are generously coated. Spread the chicken across the oiled baking sheet, just press the pieces into as flat a layer as possible.
- Broil the chicken for 2 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir or toss with tongs to turn over the pieces. Broil 2 more minutes. Remove from the oven and stir or toss with tongs again. Brush with half of the honey sauce and broil 1 more minute. Remove from the oven and stir or toss with tongs again. Brush with the remaining honey sauce and broil 1 more minute. Remove from the oven and serve warm. Enjoy!
ONE YEAR AGO TODAY: Irish Colcannon – Potatoes with Cabbage
TWO YEARS AGO TODAY: Bittersweet Chocolate Decadence Cookies
12 Comments Leave a comment or review
Jenn C says
Sounds absolutely delicious!!
Joanna Sprik says
UUUuuummm, Yes! That is all… 😉
Tricia @ Saving room for dessert says
Oh yum! Beautiful bites of chicken that would be gone in a second at my house. Beautiful recipe Mary – have a great week.
Anna (Hidden Ponies) says
Who wouldn't love these?? Can't wait to try this, Mary!
Sue/the view from great island says
This almost looks like candy it's so good 🙂
Cheri Savory Spoon says
This looks good Mary, Wow! feeding 3 boys must keep you in the kitchen. Thanks for sharing!
I love your chicken bites recipes!! Keep them coming
Country Cooking and Photography says
Tried this last night. They were fantastic!
Magnolia Verandah says
This would go great with the rice.
Tried these last night. My husband loved them!! Super easy and quick too! And since it is just the two of us, I split the chicken thighs after cutting and spicing them and froze half to cook on a different night. Great recipe!
Making this right now and it smells and looks delicious!!!
Why is the salt listed twice in the ingredients? Which one should I use?