Honey and plenty of spices coat each bite of chicken as it caramelizes under the broiler. This is some of the tenderest and most flavorful chicken I’ve ever made.
I’ve been making Spicy Honey Brushed Chicken for years now and I love it every bit as much now as I did the first time we tasted it.
However, this new version just trumped it. These bite-size pieces are even more flavorful and just as simple to prepare. The entire cooking time for this meal was less than 10 minutes.
I served this chicken with Vegetable Rice Pilaf (recipe coming tomorrow!) and each of my kids requested seconds. One of my boys even asked if we could have this chicken again on his birthday. That’s the highest praise a recipe can get in our family!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs about 3 lbs worth
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the broiler. Grease a large baking sheet with about a tablespoon of oil and set aside. Whisk together the honey and the vinegar and set aside. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces, about 3/4" in size and place them in a large mixing bowl. Stir together all of the spices and sprinkle over the chicken, rubbing them in with your hands to make sure all of the pieces are generously coated. Spread the chicken across the oiled baking sheet, just press the pieces into as flat a layer as possible.
- Broil the chicken for 2 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir or toss with tongs to turn over the pieces. Broil 2 more minutes. Remove from the oven and stir or toss with tongs again. Brush with half of the honey sauce and broil 1 more minute. Remove from the oven and stir or toss with tongs again. Brush with the remaining honey sauce and broil 1 more minute. Remove from the oven and serve warm. Enjoy!