A few weeks ago, I saw a cute post over at I Am Baker. Amanda had made homemade soda for her kids and they loved it. I thought that was a great idea; especially since I love knowing exactly what the ingredients are in the foods we eat.
I picked up the sparkling mineral water, but then forgot all about making the soda until yesterday.
My middle son wasn’t feeling well and he asked if I could get him some 7-up. I had exactly zero interest in going to the store. So, I was thrilled to remember that I had some sparkling water in the fridge just waiting to be used.
Making this was easy and it tasted great. My kids thought it was delicious.
Homemade Lemon Lime Soda
- 2 cups sparkling water I used S. Pellegrinno
- 3/4 cup simple syrup - basic recipe can be found here
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- extra slices of lemon and lime
- Put all the ingredients in a small pitcher and stir to combine. Garnish with sliced lemons and limes if you like. Enjoy!