Making your own peanut butter always sounded complicated to me. I bought
the peanuts months ago and it has taken me that long to actually try it. I am so glad that I finally did it though, because it turned out to
be so easy! I can hardly wait to try different flavors and other nut
- 3 cups or 16 oz dry unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or peanut oil I used coconut oil and didn't notice a coconut flavor at all
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- In the bowl of a food processor or a very powerful mixer, grind the peanuts until they start to break down and combine. Pause and scrape the sides as needed, to make certain that all of the peanuts are being pureed.
- Slowly add the oil, 1 teaspoon at a time. Sprinkle in salt and blend well. Add the honey and blend again to combine. The mixture will be thinner as you add the oil, but it should thicken again with the honey. Adjust the oil and honey combination to provide the thickness and sweetness that you prefer.
- Transfer to a jar and refrigerate. Enjoy!