Tender chicken breasts wrapped around Monterrey jack cheese, Black Forest ham and spicy green chile to create a fun new (and easy!) twist on cordon bleu.
Everyone in my family enjoyed this and I am sure I will be making it again. I wrapped one without the chile for my middle son and he liked his just as well.
Green Chile Chicken Cordon Bleu
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 - 2 1/2 lbs chicken breasts I used two enormous breasts that weighed over a lb each
- 8 thin slices Monterrey jack cheese
- 2 large slices of Black Forest ham each sliced in half
- 1/4 cup chopped green chile
- garlic powder
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons panko crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Slice the chicken breasts lengthwise to create a thinner breast. Depending on the thickness, pound the breasts to a uniform size. If your breasts are smaller initially, you may simply need to pound them out without slicing them first.
- Sprinkle each side of the chicken pieces generously with garlic, salt and pepper. Top each thinned chicken breast with a slice of cheese, then ham, then more cheese and a tablespoon green chile spread across the cheese. Roll the chicken up and pin each roll with two toothpicks.
- Mix together the Parmesan and the panko crumbs and then sprinkle generously over the chicken. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until the chicken is cooked. The time will vary based on the thickness of the chicken. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @barefeetkitchen or tag #barefeetkitchen!
21 Comments Leave a comment or review
I made this last night using ingredients I had on hand, and it was delicious! I used pepper jack cheese and gluten free panko. The panko tasted a little flat to me, so I added a generous shake of Mrs. Dash Southwestern Chipotle seasoning. My husband loved it! Thank you! I plan on trying more of your recipes soon.