- 3 chicken legs cut into thighs and drumsticks (you can use whichever parts you like, but they should be bone-in)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger I peeled and minced about 2" worth using a microplane grater
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, pepper, and water. Pour this over the chicken in a large ziploc bag or airtight container. Marinate 1-2 hours.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, warm the olive oil and then add the chicken pieces (save the marinade). Brown them slightly, about 1-2 minutes on each side.Then add the rice wine, followed by the reserved marinade and cook for a few minutes.
- Cover with the lid and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm. Increase the heat under the marinade left in the pan to about medium high, let it simmer until reduced by about half. Pour the sauce over the chicken before serving. Enjoy!