The best small gifts for travelers are my must-haves for travel as well. Ever wonder what to get for the frequent traveler in your life? Every one of these items is in the bag at my feet as I write this while on my flight home tonight. Whether I’m headed out for a quick overnight business trip, a long girls weekend, or a week cruising in the Caribbean, there are several travel items that I don’t like to leave home without.
This fall has been the busiest travel season of my life. I’ve been to Seattle, Sedona, Niagara Falls, Cleveland, Sioux Falls, Lake Michigan, Bend, Santa Fe, and most recently Cozumel and Costa Maya with Princess Cruises. I’ve partnered with Princess Cruises to share these travel tips with you today. Wherever you might be headed, these items are guaranteed to make your travels just a little bit easier.
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed exploring all of those places and at the same time, I am oh so ready to be home for the holidays. My couch and the soon to be in place Christmas tree are calling to me.
Through all my travel this year, I’ve really streamlined my carry-on. It’s pretty much down to a science over here. These are five carry-on items that you or the frequent traveler in your life might not already be packing. Priced great for stocking stuffers or bigger gifts, these gifts for travelers are some of my favorite things.
1) Powerful portable charger – I love this one. It’s relatively lightweight and it’s good for multiple phone charges with enough juice to fully charge my MacBook, camera, and any other devices. I’ve carried those little portable stick chargers for years and they don’t hold a candle to this one.
2) Mini outlet strip – if you’ve ever found yourself stuck on a long layover in an airport with limited outlets, you’ll understand the benefit of this item. People are happy to share their outlet when you carry one of these. (I will add that I don’t always carry this one on shorter trips, but on travel days with multiple flights and layovers, it’s handy to have.)
3) Small bag for cords, charger, batteries, and any other bits and pieces. It’s beyond convenient to have them all contained in one place instead of tumbling out of your bag each time you need something. I use this super cute bag from 42nd & Pine. However, any small cosmetic bag works well for this. (I’ve used ziplocks in the past and found that about half the time they’d rip before the end of the trip. So, if you decide to go that route, definitely opt for the heavier freezer strength.)
4) Klean Kanteen – this small 12-ounce water bottle has been a travel must for me for years. It’s worth every penny. The insulated bottle stays cold or hot for hours. (I left some ice in the bottle in my bag after a trip one night and the following afternoon it was cold water with some remaining ice cubes!) It’s completely leakproof. It’s small enough to tuck in a bag without taking up too much space.
5) Snack bags, always pack a snack bag – cosmetic bags, ziplocks, or just a dedicated pocket in your carry-on can work for storing snacks. I love these sturdy clear cosmetic bags and truth told, I keep a snack bag in my purse whether I’m traveling or not.
BONUS TIP (and completely priceless) – the benefit of using a carry-on bag with a trolley sleeve can’t be over said. Whether you’re shopping for yourself or for another traveler, a great carry-on bag can make all the difference when you’re walking through the airport.
The first time I slid my bag over the handle of my suitcase and then walked through the airport without a bag swinging on my shoulder, I swore I’d never again use a carry-on bag without this handy pocket sleeve. Here are some great bags with trolley sleeves: The Michael Kors tote bag (pictured below) is well priced for a quality bag.
There are plenty of other less expensive options for carry-on bags with trolley sleeves. While I can’t speak to their durability, they’re probably worth trying. Lo & Sons O.M.G. bags are premier carry-on bags that will hold everything I mentioned here plus at least that much again, and still fit under the seat in front of you.
Take a peek into our trip to Cozumel, Mexico and come back Wednesday for a fantastic new recipe inspired by an extraordinary dinner at The Chef’s Table with Princess Cruises. I can hardly wait to share it all with you!
You all loved this carry-on bag so much, I’m giving one away this weekend. ENTER THE GIVEAWAY for my favorite Michael Kors tote bag – Check out all the colors HERE and leave a comment at the bottom of this post telling me which one you’ll pick if you’re the winner!
Giveaway ends Sunday, November 26th, 2017 at 11:59pm PST. (contest sponsored by Barefeet In The Kitchen, not affiliated with Princess Cruises) GIVEAWAY CLOSED
Disclosure: I’ve partnered with Princess Cruises to share my travels with you. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. For more information about Princess Cruises and/or to book a cruise visit their website at www.princess.com.