Baby romaine and red leaf lettuces are the base for this vegetable-packed salad. Topped with chicken and black beans, then drizzled with a honey mustard poppyseed dressing, this salad made me very happy today!
I might as well confess that I’m a bit obsessive about salad dressings. I tried three other versions before this one and this is a winner.
I went to the Farmer’s Market this weekend and came home with so many great new vegetables to try! This week, in my CSA box, I had Watermelon Radishes.
Have you heard of them before? I hadn’t. They are so pretty! I’m not normally a big fan of radishes, but these are different. The flavor is mild and almost sweet. As you can see from the picture below, they look like miniature slices of watermelon when you slice them.
Garden Fresh Chicken and Black Bean Salad
- Baby romaine lettuce washed, dried and torn into bite size pieces
- Red leaf lettuce washed, dried and torn into bite size pieces
- Sunburst tomatoes sliced in half
- Grape tomatoes sliced in half
- Cucumber sliced thinly
- Carrots sliced thinly
- Watermelon radish sliced very thinly
- Black beans - canned or pre-cooked rinsed and well-drained
- Chicken diced into bite size pieces
- Sunflower seeds
- Adjust all ingredients according to taste. Layer onto plates as listed above. Drizzle with favorite salad dressing or try this Honey Mustard Dressing.