Fresh strawberries, kiwi, peaches and cherries piled absurdly high on fluffy french toast is what happens when I can not resist the abundance of fresh summertime produce. I’ve made this a couple times now and I have to admit that breakfasts in the winter rarely taste this good!
Completely smothered in fresh fruit, this fluffy french toast was the best tasting thing I made all weekend.
Fruity French Toast
- 12 strawberries sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup cherries pitted and halved
- 2 kiwi peeled and sliced
- 1 peach chopped
- 8 slices bread I'll be sharing the gluten free bread recipe later this week! I am seriously excited about this recipe.
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- generous dash of cinnamon
- butter for the skillet
- Optional: powdered sugar or maple syrup if desired
- Prep the strawberries and place them in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the sugar and stir gently to coat. Prep the rest of the fruit and add it to the bowl. Let the fruit rest on the counter while you prepare the french toast.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and cinnamon in the bottom of a pie plate or shallow bowl. Melt a small pat of butter in a skillet over medium to medium high heat. When the skillet is hot, dip a couple slices of bread, flipping to thoroughly coat each side, in the egg mixture. Place the bread in the hot skillet and cook each side until golden brown. Plate the cooked slices and serve with generous amounts of fruit on top. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or drizzle with maple syrup as desired. Enjoy!