These are some of my kids’ favorite combinations, feel free to mix and match them, there’s no right or wrong way to pack a lunch. Have fun with it!
1) vegetables and tortilla chips with hummus, cheese slices, apple slices
2) pretzel sticks, apple slices, peanut butter, grape tomatoes
3) leftover pulled pork rolled in small tortillas, barbecue sauce for dipping
4) banana “hot dog” sandwiches – peanut butter and banana sandwiches made in hot dog buns
5) rolled up deli meats, cheese cubes, vegetables, hummus
6) pasta salad, cut up fruits
7) refried beans, shredded cheese, tortilla chips, carrot sticks
8) leftover cut up grilled chicken and vegetables with ranch dip, crackers
9) hard boiled eggs, cheese slices, vegetables with ranch dip
10) cut up leftover hot dogs with ketchup for dipping, apple slices
11) yogurt, diced fruits, granola
12) tortilla pizzas – soft tortillas, hummus, deli meats and bite-size leftover roasted vegetables
13) pb&j tacos – peanut butter and jelly spread on tortillas and folded in half
14) cut up melon, yogurt, pretzel sticks, assorted nuts
15) popcorn, deli meats, vegetables, hummus
To help you get those lunches packed and ready to go, check out everything that’s included in this giveaway!
UKonserve divided container: This 33-ounce leak-proof stainless steel container works great for sandwiches with fruit, vegetables with hummus, salads, and leftovers as well.
UKonserve stainless round: This 16-ounce stainless steel container is perfect for pasta salads, garden salads, fruits with yogurt, apples with peanut butter, and leftovers as well.
Lunchskins sandwich wrap and Lunchskins snack bag: These bags are a great alternative to disposable plastic bags. They are reusable, wipeable, grease resistant, and machine washable. We have even used them for messy PB&J sandwiches and the peanut butter wipes right off. In addition to the fact that their cute factor is off the charts, I love that they are super sturdy and I haven’t had any spills at all. For a limited time: Sign up for the MightyFix and get 1 Reusable Sandwich Bag + 1 Reusable Snack Bag for just $10 + FREE SHIPPING as your first month’s Fix!
Klean Kanteen insulated water bottle: This water bottle advertises that it will keep iced drinks cold for up to 24 hours and hot drinks warm for up to 12 hours. Those are some crazy claims, right? As it turns out, those claims are completely true.
I tend to be skeptical by nature and when I opened the package and saw the Klean Kanteen, I decided to test those claims. I filled the bottle with ice and water at noon and left it sitting on my counter until the following day. I shook it periodically to see if I could still hear the ice clinking in the bottle. At 2:00pm the following day, I opened it to test the water and the water was icy cold!
Want one more reason to love this bottle? I tested it with my coffee the following morning. I poured in a steaming hot cup of coffee and screwed on the lid. Several hours later that coffee was still steaming and perfect for sipping. I actually had to leave it uncovered a bit before it cooled down enough to drink. I am 100% sold on this fantastic water bottle.