About Mary Younkin

Hi, I’m Mary. I’m the author, cook, photographer, and travel lover behind the scenes here at Barefeet In The Kitchen. I'm also the author of three cookbooks dedicated to making cooking from scratch as simple as possible.

Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Rating

1. Tabathia B says

It's always tradition for thanksgiving for my grandmother to prepare homemade macaroni and cheese using different cheeses shredded and grated and milktbarrettno1 at gmail dot com

2. DeniseL says

My son’s favorite food is mac & cheese. I found a recipe for mac & cheese & chicken muffins that I modified to make into JUST mac & cheese. Very simple, very delicious, and according to my son “even better than Applebees!” Here it is – 8 oz macaroni cooked and drained, 1 T butter melted, whisk in 1 T flour and a 1 t. salt. Cook 1 min. Whisk in 1.5 cups of whole milk, bring to boil and simmer 3 minutes. Turn off heat and mix in 1 cup of shredded or cubed white cheddar and .25 cup of shredded parm. I like to add steamed broccoli but it’s perfect without it too.

3. Kristen says

We love to have Aunt Fanny's Squash Casserole on Easter and make it for potlucks. I just tried it out one day, and now it is a common request…sooo good!

4. Wanda McHenry says

My mother’s homemade baked macaroni and cheese topped with whole plum tomatoes, which I loved growing up and now is a family favorite.

5. angie lilly says

My mom's homemade lasagna. To this day, I am constantly trying to make it like her but I never get it quite right. It is delicious but missing her love. She still makes it for me when I visit her. She always make it for me for my birthday when I was a kid because it was my fav food. It still is my fav food. LOL Angie 14earth at gmail dot com

6. angie lilly says

I tweeted here: https://twitter.com/MsTofuFairy/status/615992601892777984 Angie 14earth at gmail dot com

7. laurasloves says

My favorite dish is my sausage casserole with egg noodles. I add milk, eggs, cheese and a little yogurt to make it. It has been passed down to me by my mom whose mom used to make it.Laurie Emersonlauraemerson17 at yahoo dot com