Bite size balls of buttery cookie dough filled with salted pistachios and sweet cranberries, it’s impossible to eat just one. I’ve been craving cranberries like mad lately and I’m resisting the urge to make my beloved Cranberry Christmas Cake for at least a couple more weeks. (I could eat that whole cake myself in a couple of days!)
When I saw the Craisins sitting next to the oatmeal yesterday after breakfast, I couldn’t resist trying a cookie dough ball for snacking.
Buttery sweet edible cookie dough filled with miniature chocolate chips in a bite-size chunk of snackable Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites.
Pistachios with cranberries is a new-to-me flavor combination and I really liked it. I’ve seen the combination popping up all over the place over the past few years. Sue paired cranberries with pistachios in this gorgeous bread, Aimee made biscotti, and Julie made granola bars.
I finally had to try them together for myself. The salty nuts and sweet fruit combined with the buttery brown sugar oatmeal cookie dough proved to be an irresistible combination.
Cranberry Pistachio Cookie Dough Bites
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda this is optional, but it really does add to the "cookie dough" flavor
- 1 cup quick cooking oats you can use old fashioned oats as well, see the above note
- 1/3 cup shelled roasted and salted pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Cream the butter, sugar, vanilla and baking soda together until smooth. Stir in the oats and then the pistachios and cranberries. Scoop into small balls and roll between your hands to smooth them. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate 6-8 hours before serving. Enjoy!