Loaded with spices, these were delicious bites of crispy potatoes. They will be soft enough to eat after 25 minutes or so, however I left mine to roast for close to 50 minutes in order to make them crispier.
Soft or crispy, they are delicious both ways. I doubled this recipe and made a batch of sweet potato bites and a batch of yukon gold potato bites. We liked them both, but the sweet potato ones were a favorite for all of us.
The leftovers also made an excellent breakfast the following morning with some scrambled eggs.
Cinnamon Chile Roasted Potato Bites
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus more for greasing the baking sheet
- 5 cups potatoes diced into small bite size pieces, about 3/4" in size
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chile powder I used NM Red Chile
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- dash of two of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with silpat mat and lightly grease with oil. If you do not have a silpat mat, grease a large baking sheet very well with oil.
- Combine all the spices in a small bowl, mix together and set aside. Place the potatoes in a large mixing bowl and drizzle generously with 3 tablespoons of oil. Sprinkle with spices and toss well to coat thoroughly. Spread the potatoes across the greased baking sheet and roast, stirring every 20 minutes, until browned and slightly crispy. Increase the heat to broil for 5 or so minutes at the end if they aren't crispy yet. Enjoy!
original recipe adapted from and with thanks to Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice (no longer an active blog)
8 Comments Leave a comment or review
Good decision on the mixture of potatoes! I like crispy potatoes too.
[email protected] says
I love potato and I love trying different taste whenever I made one, I think this is a good try.
Hi! Sorry I've been a bit absent this last week. Wow! These look delicious. I love the unusual spice combination too. Thank you for sharing, sweet friend. A delicious way to start my weekend. I hope yours is beautiful and bountiful.
Sounds exactly like something I would have done with potatoes. Yum!
Words Of Deliciousness says
The potatoes look so yummy. This is a delicious way to make them, so full of flavor.
Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) says
look really yummy, must make this one day.
Sounds like they would be great with some kind of sour cream based dipping sauce.
These look terrific!