Buttery shortbread cookies dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with candy canes are all of the best holiday flavors: wrapped up in a holiday treat that requires only a few minutes time in the kitchen. These Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies look so pretty mixed in on a holiday platter and they always disappear in minutes.
For the holidays, I wanted to create a fun EASY treat that anyone can make with just a few minutes in the kitchen. As Christmas approaches, I always have big plans for baking and cooking days with the kids. What typically winds up happening is that we simply run out of time (and energy!) for those big baking days. These Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Christmas Trees only took a few minutes to make and they were so much fun to eat.
In case you’ve forgotten, let me remind you just how much I love Walkers Shortbread. I have been snacking on and creating recipes for buttery Walkers Shortbread all year. I simply cannot get enough!
For more easy holiday ideas, check out all of my recipes made with Walkers Shortbread:
Lemon Ginger Cheesecake Mousse Cups
Creamy Lemon Fruit Dip with Shortbread and Berries
For each of these recipes, the ingredient list is short and sweet; and the hands-on time required is as well.
Kitchen Tip: I use this bowl, this parchment paper, and this tray to make this recipe
Chocolate Dipped Candy Cane Shortbread
- 1 box Walkers Shortbread Petticoat Tails
- 12 ounces dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon refined coconut oil or any light flavored oil
- 3 small candy canes crushed
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the chocolate chips and the oil in a medium-size glass bowl. Heat in the microwave for 90 seconds. Stir until smooth. Dip the shortbread in the chocolate and place the coated shortbread on the parchment lined tray. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour to allow the chocolate to harden. Store the finished cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Enjoy!
Disclosure: I’ve partnered with Walkers Shortbread, a company that I’ve known and loved for years, to share this recipe with you. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Barefeet In The Kitchen possible. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Rate & Comment