Follow BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Crisp, buttery shortbread rounds are covered in caramel, sprinkled with pecans, and then drizzled with chocolate to make these irresistible Shortbread Turtle Cookies. I made these turtle cookies a few times over the past week and they disappeared in a blink.
I’m absolutely thrilled to tell you that I’ve partnered with Walkers Shortbread to create some fun new recipes with their shortbread this year. I don’t know when I’ve been so excited about a project. I’ve been a fan of Walkers Shortbread for as long as I can remember.
Once I finally stopped snacking on the shortbread straight out of the package, I wanted to create an impressive dessert with minimal effort.
These chocolate and caramel covered cookies would be the ultimate sweet treat for Valentines Day! I paired my favorite caramel sauce with dark chocolate and a handful of pecans to make these Shortbread Turtle Cookies.
Shortbread Turtle Cookies
- 1 package of Walkers Shortbread Rounds
- 1 recipe Vanilla Bean Salted Caramel Sauce room temperature
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut canola, or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans optional
- Spread the shortbread rounds across a large baking sheet or platter. Prepare the caramel sauce and let it cool to room temperature. Combine the chocolate chips and oil in a small glass bowl or measuring cup. Heat in the microwave at 50% power for 90 seconds. Stir and heat an additional 30 seconds only if needed. Stir until smooth.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of caramel over each shortbread round. Sprinkle with pecans. Drizzle with chocolate. Refrigerate for 20 minutes, until the chocolate is firm. The cookies will keep nicely in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Store any remaining caramel sauce or chocolate sauce in airtight containers in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Check out all of the Gluten Free Dessert Recipes on this website!
If you aren’t already familiar with the best shortbread ever, Walkers has been making their shortbread with just four ingredients (flour, butter, sugar, and salt) ever since 1898. If anyone is the authority on shortbread, it is Walkers. When I heard that they now make a gluten free version of their shortbread, I was beyond excited to try it. Let me tell you, it is AMAZING. If you’re already a fan of Walkers, or if you are gluten free and have never had the chance to try their shortbread, put this shortbread on your shopping list.
Disclosure: I’ve partnered with Walkers Shortbread, a company that I’ve known and loved for years, to share this recipe with you. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Barefeet In The Kitchen possible. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Here are some more turtle recipes you might like:
Homemade Turtle Candies by Dinners Dishes and Desserts
Turtle Cheesecake by Barefeet In The Kitchen
Double Chocolate Pecan Turtle Trifle by The Slow Roasted Italian
Turtle Cheeseball by Shugary Sweets
Chewy Caramel Turtle Bark by Barefeet In The Kitchen
No Bake Turtle Cookies by The Recipe Rebel