Slightly sweet, tangy with a hint of spice, this was a great barbecue chicken marinade. Living in the desert has some advantages this time of year. When I came home the other night, our neighbor’s barbecue smelled fantastic.
I knew that I wanted to grill the following night and I was inspired to try making something different.
Consider yourself warned if you go to check out their sites. You will be craving everything there.
Carolina Style Barbecue Chicken
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 4 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 chicken legs thighs and drumsticks
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in a gallon size ziploc bag or airtight container. In a small bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the marinade and pour the rest over the chicken. Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least a couple hours.
- Preheat grill and oil the grates. Remove the chicken and place over the fire. Grill 10-15 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Cooking time will depend on the size of your chicken pieces. Serve with reserved sauce. Enjoy!