The fresh corn piled high in the stores is irresistible this time of year. One of my boys asks if we can buy it every time he sees it. This same child is missing his two front teeth and he still begs me to leave the corn on the cob.
This slightly spicy, tart and buttery corn was a hit with the entire family. There wasn’t a single piece lift over. I will be making this again very soon!
- 4 ears of corn
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder I used NM red chili powder and I highly recommend looking for it specifically
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- optional: lime wedges for serving
- Preheat your oven to broil and place an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat at the top of the oven. Break or cut each ear of corn into four sections. Heat the lime juice and the butter in a small pan on the stove or in the microwave until the butter melts. Add the chili powder and the salt and stir or whisk to combine.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and place the corn on the foil. Brush each ear of corn with the chili lime mixture. Broil for 3-5 minutes until the corn begins to darken slightly on the tips. Remove the corn from the oven, flip each ear over and brush the tops again with the chili lime mixture. Broil for another 3-4 minutes, until both sides are lightly browned. Remove from the oven and serve with additional lime wedges as desired. Enjoy!