Crisp hot broccoli and pasta are tossed with a very light cream sauce to create a wonderfully flavorful dish. This is a great way to get lunch or dinner on the table very fast.
The meal comes together in about 20 minutes and with very little work involved. I made this for a simple lunch and it disappeared in no time.
Broccoli Pasta in a Light Herb Cream Sauce
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta I used a brown rice pasta
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 large broccoli crown trimmed into bite-size pieces,
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add a tablespoon of salt along with the pasta. While the pasta is cooking, whisk the spices into the cream. Just before you are ready to drain it, add the broccoli to the boiling pot of water and pasta for about 30 seconds. Drain the pasta and broccoli, reserving 1/2 a cup or so of the pasta water.
- Pour the cream and spice into the bottom of the empty pot and place back over the hot stove over medium heat. Stir lightly with a spatula for 1-2 minutes, just until the cream warms and thickens slightly. Add the pasta and broccoli back to the pot with the cream and toss well to coat. Add a splash or two of the reserved pasta water as needed to achieve the desired consistency. Enjoy!