Are you cringing at the thought of shaking Tabasco into your syrup? I dare you to try it. You might thank me later. Just a splash of that smoky heat woke up this breakfast plate.
My oldest son and I are still talking about this awesome breakfast and we’ve made it twice more in the past week!
I’m excited to share this recipe as part of the Tabasco 10 Ingredient Challenge. For a peek at the list of ingredients and the rules, check them out here!
Brioche French Toast with “Hot” Maple Syrup
- 1 loaf brioche sliced into pieces approximately 3/4" - 1" thick
- 8 eggs for egg wash
- 4 - 6 eggs fried over easy
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 - 3 teaspoons original Tabasco sauce adjust to taste
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet or a griddle to medium / medium-high heat. Whisk together the eggs for the egg wash. Soak the slices of bread in the egg mixture for at least one minute before placing them in the hot skillet or griddle. Cook 3-4 minutes per side.
- Cook your eggs gently over medium low heat in a non stick skillet. While the eggs are cooking, stir together the maple syrup and Tabasco sauce, adding the tabasco slowly, according to how spicy you like it. When the eggs are barely set and still runny, place an egg on top of the plated french toast. Drizzle with syrup and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Disclosure: I was compensated by Tabasco to develop these recipes and participate in their challenge. All opinions are 100% my own.