A few weeks ago, we were barbecuing at my friend Donna’s house and she made some truly excellent fries. I ate an absolutely ridiculous amount of them. Truth told, I’m not sure what else I ate, but I sure did eat a lot of these fries.
When I asked her what she did to them, she kind of laughed and showed me a simple jar of Red Robin seasoning mix. I couldn’t believe it. This seasoning mix now has a spot on my pantry shelf. It absolutely rocks.
I’m also sharing these crazy easy fries in part to explain my new fascination with homemade ketchup!
Red Robin Seasoned Oven Fries
- 2 lbs russet potatoes did you know there is science behind why russets make such great fries?
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Red Robin seasoning divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scrub the potatoes well. Cut into wedges and then place in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss well to coat. Sprinkle in ½ tablespoon seasoning and toss to coat.
- Spread the potatoes across two large baking sheets greased with oil. Sprinkle the remaining ½ tablespoon (or more to taste) of seasoning over the fries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, turning the fries over halfway through the cooking time. Depending on your oven, you might also want to rotate the trays, top to bottom and bottom to top. Enjoy!
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!
19 Comments Leave a comment or review
The Slow Roasted Italian says
I am really glad you like these. Perhaps it should be the MAIN dish at our next gathering?!?!?! Maybe red and green for Christmas.
I love potatoes any way I can make them… these look wonderful with your homemade ketchup!
Emily Malloy says
Foodness Gracious says
If I was there you'd have had to fight me for them. They look great and perfect teamed up with the ketchup,
My Journey With Candida says
MMMmmmmm…. goes great with the homemade ketchup.
These sound delicious! I love potatoes and like Red Robin so I have to try this!
Donna, don't tempt me. I would happily plan nothing but these fries for the entire party's menu.
My kids are bananas about oven fries. I should hunt for that seasoning!
One of my daughters worked at Red Robin here for a few weeks. She earned next to nothing in tips, and so quit, because the manager explained that the restaurant was "business challenged." Not sure I'd admit to that.
Inside a British Mum's Kitchen says
when I saw that photo I wanted to dive in! they look simply perfect – I'm off to Red Robin for that seasoning 🙂
Words Of Deliciousness says
The oven fries look terrific.
You can't go wrong with a french fries! These look awesome!
[email protected] Eats Girl says
These fries look awesome! I never thought to buy their seasoning and use at home!
These homemade chips are great to eat with battered fish. My family will love this.
Reem | Simply Reem says
Oh these looks so scrumptious!!!
I simply adore potatoes… Totally drooling over these.
Those are the best looking oven fries I have ever seen (great job on the ketchup too by the way)!!! [email protected]Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters
Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) says
great chips! too bad i could not find Red Robin seasoning here.
Did I just hear someone sign the Red Robin song?
How would you cook these in an air fryer? thank you! I have a new stove with an air fryer in it.
Mary Younkin says
I have not tried these in an air fryer. I would just check the doneness sooner. I would suggest turning them at 15 minutes and then checking every 5-10 minutes after that until you perfect the timing.