A few weeks ago, we were barbecuing at my friend Donna’s house and she made the best fries I had ever tasted. I ate an absolutely ridiculous amount of them. Truth told, I’m not sure what else I ate, but I sure did eat a lot of these fries.
When I asked her what she did to them, she kind of laughed and showed me a simple jar of Red Robin seasoning mix. I couldn’t believe it. I don’t have any other pre-made seasoning mixes in my cabinet, but this one now has a spot on my shelf. It absolutely rocks.
(I’m also sharing these crazy easy fries in part to explain my new fascination with homemade ketchup!)
Red Robin Seasoned Oven Fries
Recipe by and with thanks to the lovely Slow Roasted Italian
- 2 lbs russet potatoes did you know there is science behind why russets make such great fries?
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Red Robin seasoning divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scrub the potatoes well. Cut into wedges and then place in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss well to coat. Sprinkle in 1/2 tablespoon seasoning and toss to coat. On two large baking sheets, lined with silpat mats or greased with oil, spread out the fries. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 tablespoon (or more to taste) of seasoning over the fries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, turning the fries over halfway through the cooking time. Depending on your oven, you might also want to rotate the trays, top to bottom and bottom to top. Enjoy!
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!