A few weeks ago, we were barbecuing at my friend Donna’s house and she made some truly excellent fries. I ate an absolutely ridiculous amount of them. Truth told, I’m not sure what else I ate, but I sure did eat a lot of these fries.
When I asked her what she did to them, she kind of laughed and showed me a simple jar of Red Robin seasoning mix. I couldn’t believe it. This seasoning mix now has a spot on my pantry shelf. It absolutely rocks.
I’m also sharing these crazy easy fries in part to explain my new fascination with homemade ketchup!
Red Robin Seasoned Oven Fries
- 2 lbs russet potatoes did you know there is science behind why russets make such great fries?
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Red Robin seasoning divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scrub the potatoes well. Cut into wedges and then place in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss well to coat. Sprinkle in ½ tablespoon seasoning and toss to coat.
- Spread the potatoes across two large baking sheets greased with oil. Sprinkle the remaining ½ tablespoon (or more to taste) of seasoning over the fries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, turning the fries over halfway through the cooking time. Depending on your oven, you might also want to rotate the trays, top to bottom and bottom to top. Enjoy!
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!