Crisp, buttery, garlicky and just a little bit cheesy, this bread disappeared lightning fast. For years, I’ve just buttered the bread, sprinkled with seasonings and called it good.
Today, I had an abundance of fresh garlic on hand and I had just roasted a dozen heads to use as needed. I used four of the roasted heads to make the best garlic bread I’ve ever tasted.
This bread is so good dipped in Clam Chowder or Creamy White Bean, Italian Sausage, and Vegetable Soup.
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Bread
- 1 extra long baguette or standard loaf of french bread
- 6 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 4 heads roasted garlic cloves removed, about 4 tablespoons worth
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese finely grated
- Preheat the oven to broil. Slice the bread 1/2"-1" thick, depending on how you like it best. (I am partial to the long crusty baguettes and I tend to slice them fairly thin, so they will be crisp.) Combine the butter, garlic and cheese in a small bowl and mash together until well combined. Slather the butter mixture generously over the sliced bread.
- Place the coated pieces of pieces of bread onto a large baking sheet. Broil for about 2 ½ - 3 minutes, just until the edges of the bread have browned and the topping is bubbling and lightly browned. Remove from oven and serve warm. Enjoy!
ONE YEAR AGO TODAY: Italian White Bean, Spinach and Beef Soup
TWO YEARS AGO TODAY: Espresso Chocolate Chip Shortbread
5 Comments Leave a comment or review
Tricia @ Saving room for dessert says
Always a favorite at our house. My husband actually asked for toasted garlic bread recently – I'll give this a try! Yum – hope you are doing great – I know your kitchen is!
The Mom Chef says
Ahhh, yes, it is a gorgeous, delicious recipe. Pinning for later!
Dawn Yucuis says
This sounds yummy. I usually sprinkle my garlic bread with some seasoning too, but this way sounds so much better.
Sue/the view from great island says
I'm a big believer in roasted garlic — I love the flavor but I HATE garlic breath!
kory tomey says
if you are referring to kirkland roasted garlic parmesan bread it is back again at costco and that is the only place that sells it