Perfectly ripe strawberries and bananas, brownie bits and a scoop of whipped cream come together with just a bit of sugar to make a pretty and fun dessert. My original plan was to layer ice cream into the trifle and at the last minute I decided to skip it. While I am a big fan of an occasional decadent dessert, this turned out light and summery and the whole family loved it.
Trifles are so versatile; the possibilities with the banana split flavors are endless. You could layer a simple chocolate pudding between the fruit, add scoops of ice cream (here’s a dairy-free option too), drizzle chocolate syrup or caramel sauce. Have fun with it!
- 1 lb strawberries sliced
- 2 bananas sliced
- 1 large brownie chopped very small
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine the cream, sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat on high speed just until the cream is whipped and fluffy. Be careful not to over mix. Set aside.
- Layer half of the berries and bananas in the bottom of four small bowls. Sprinkle half of the brownies on top and then layer the rest of the fruit over that. Divide the whipped cream on top of each bowl and garnish with additional fruit as desired. Enjoy!