Tender bites of chicken wrapped in salty bacon was something I simply had to try. My husband and I went out a few weeks ago and enjoyed a great dinner that included bacon wrapped chicken. That has been stuck in my head every since.
I’ve actually made these little chicken bites three times this week. (Luckily, you can cook just a few at a time!) It’s a hard life taste testing these things, let me tell you. I was determined to get the chili sauce right and I couldn’t resist making more of these little bites to go with it each time.
A few notes to go with this beyond simple recipe. I preferred these when made with the smaller bites of chicken. I cut the chicken 1/2″ – 3/4″ – 1″ in size and my favorites were the tiny bites. Depending on the size of the chicken pieces, you will need to cut the slices of bacon either in thirds or in quarters. I also preferred the dark chicken meat to the light, but that is likely more personal preference than anything else.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken thighs or 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12-14 slices of bacon I used almost a pound of bacon
- Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce or any other dipping sauce of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and then place a metal rack over the foil. Dice the chicken into bite size pieces and set aside. Slice the bacon into thirds or fourths, making sure that the bacon pieces are long enough to wrap around the chicken pieces.
- Wrap each piece of chicken with bacon and then secure it with a toothpick. Place the wrapped chicken on on the wire rack over the prepared baking sheet. Cook the bites for 22-28 minutes, until the bacon is lightly browned and the chicken is cooked through. Serve hot with the dipping sauce of your choice. Enjoy!