Late night cravings have never been so happily fulfilled as with this simple Late Night Apple Crisp for Two. (Or it could be for One, I just like to pretend that I plan to share these desserts!) Serve it warm from the oven all by itself, or top with a scoop of ice cream for a fun indulgence!
Nature Valley’s Protein Granolas have become a staple in our house for the past few months; over yogurt, as a snack on its own, added into bowls of cereal, we all really enjoy them and I love that I can add a little extra protein to our snacking. So, when Nature Valley asked me to share another fun and easy recipe with you, I happily agreed!
This crunchy, buttery, honey and oat apple crisp takes just a few minutes to assemble and it is one of the best spur of the moment desserts I’ve made. When I spied the granola in the pantry, and then the apples on the counter, I decided to play with that combination. I made a few of these crisps over the past month and each time they’ve been met with two thumbs up.
Late Night Apple Crisp
- 2/3 cup Nature Valley Oats 'N Honey Protein Granola
- 1 medium gala apple peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a shallow 4" dish. Place the granola in the blender and pulse until fine crumbs. Place the apple slices in a bowl and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the crumbs and the sugar. Toss with your hands to coat.
- Pour the remaining crumbs into a small bowl. Add the butter and stir together with a fork, just until combined. Lightly press half the crumbs into the bottom of the prepared dish. Arrange the apple slices over them and then sprinkle with the rest of the buttery crumbs.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the apples are soft and bubbling and the top crust has browned. Let cool a few minutes before eating. Enjoy!
Disclosure: This blog post is sponsored by Nature Valley Protein Granola via Burst Media. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I love that help make this site possible. You can connect with Nature Valley on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. #NatureValleyGranola
3 Comments Leave a comment or review
Apple crisp is a favorite in my home! But if I make it while everyone's asleep I could have this all for myself….. 🙂
Lara @ MommyKazam says
This could be for two…. but if I am honest with myself, I'm really making it for one! This looks delicious and I love having another use for Nature Valley Granola.
Jean | DelightfulRepast.com says
Mary, this sounds really good! I love to make desserts for "two" (I like the way you got real with "or one") instead of having a big dish of something tempting me!